Qualification of international doctors for the technical language examination
The course provides a mix of theoretical and practical trainings, preparing you for the work as a doctor in a German hospital. By combining the applied use of technical German with routine clinical processes, the course gives an insight at an early stage into the technical and organizational processes in place at German hospitals. In tandem courses, you will receive individual training in examination procedure. Where possible, your practical lessons will be complemented by shadowing placements in the various departments of our partner hospitals.
Personal Support Modul "Doctor in Germany"
Our team of tutors comprises doctors and experts in general German and medical German. Depending on your individual language level, you will either take the requisite telc B2 language exam during the course, or at a later date.
Personal and intercultural skills
Formalities, politeness, perception and impact, conflict management, conducting a discussion, reliability, courtesy, punctuality, openness, honesty, error management culture, avoiding and overcoming misunderstandings, cultural specificities, religious specificities, male/female and female/male role behaviour, dealing with superiors and colleagues, dealing with authorities
- Communication between doctor and patient: vocabulary relating to parts of the body, organs, organ systems, medical history structure, physical examination, patient introduction, medical discussion techniques
- Medical history discussion: structure, vocabulary, basic attitude of doctor, aspects of intercultural communication, general and specific medical history, documentation, etc.
- Patient briefing: basic legal aspects, explanation of medical intervention, information also relating to pharmacotherapy, common errors, time and procedure, right of patient to revoke consent, documentation, etc.
- Discharge letter: vocabulary, help with phrasing, relevant grammar, contents and layout, the discharge letter as a means of communication, distinguishing between different types of discharge letter, electronic discharge letter, etc.
- Structures of the German healthcare system: legal framework conditions, health and nursing care insurance companies, laws governing benefits provided by statutory versus private health insurance, rehabilitation
- Interviews, presenting oneself
Lectures, talks with teachers and participants, discussions, short presentations, action guidance, practical exercises, simulations (using the Skills Labs of ZAB GmbH) , shadowing placements in the partner hospitals of ZAB GmbH
- Course duration: 4 months / 480 lesson units
- Requirement for participants: level B1 (telc or Goethe-Institut)
- Course fee: 2,900.00 EUR
- Further services provided in cooperation with our partners:
- Help with acquiring medical licence
- Help with finding a job
- On request, we can offer you inexpensive accommodation in the grounds of ZAB-GmbH with good links to public transport and into the city. We will help you with all official procedures and formalities relating to your stay in Germany.
- Dates and venues: for any further information, please contact Ulrike Steinecke or use our contact form.