Qualification of international doctors
Our new course concept enables us to provide you with the best possible preparation for your work as a doctor in Germany. As well as acquiring general and technical language proficiency, you will be taught personal and intercultural skills. Theoretical sessions are complemented by simulation training in our well-equipped Skills Labs such as fully-equipped patient rooms and an operating theatre with intensive care and anaesthesia equipment.
On request, we can also apply on your behalf for your medical licence.
Our team of tutors comprises doctors and experts in general German and medical German.
By combining the applied use of technical German with routine clinical processes, you will be given an insight at an early stage into the technical and organizational processes in place at German hospitals.
In tandem courses with participants in our nursing courses, you will practise inter-professional cooperation.
Your practical lessons will be rounded off by shadowing placements in the various departments of our partner hospitals.
The course culminates in a C1 medical exam.
Personal and intercultural skills
Formalities, politeness, perception and impact, conflict management, conducting a discussion, reliability, courtesy, punctuality, openness, honesty, error management culture, avoiding and overcoming misunderstandings, cultural specificities, religious specificities, male/female and female/male role behaviour, dealing with superiors and colleagues, dealing with authorities
- Communication between doctor and patient: Vocabulary relating to parts of the body, organs, organ systems Medical history structure, physical examination, patient introduction, medical discussion techniques
- Medical history discussion: structure, vocabulary, basic attitude of doctor, aspects of intercultural communication, general and specific medical history, documentation, etc.
- Patient briefing: Basic legal aspects, explanation of medical intervention, information also relating to pharmacotherapy, common errors, time and procedure, right of patient to revoke consent, documentation, etc.
- Discharge letter: Vocabulary, help with phrasing, relevant grammar, contents and layout,the discharge letter as a means of communication, distinguishing between different types of discharge letter, electronic discharge letter, etc.
- Structures of the German healthcare system: Legal framework conditions, health and nursing care insurance companies, laws governing benefits provided by statutory versus private health insurance, rehabilitation
- Interviews, presenting oneself
Lectures, talks with teachers and participants, discussions, short presentations, action guidance, practical exercises, simulations (using the Skills Labs of ZAB GmbH) , shadowing placements in the partner hospitals of ZAB GmbH
- NEW: Next course for doctors from EU countries starts on Thursday, 1st August 2017 –24th November 2017
- Course duration: 4 months / 480 lesson units
- Requirement for participants: level B1 (telc or Goethe-Institut)
- Course fee: 2.900,00 EUR
- Further services provided in conjunction with our partners:
- Help with acquiring medical licence
- Help with finding a job
- On request, we can offer you inexpensive accommodation in the grounds of ZAB-GmbH with good links to public transport and into the city. We will help you with all official procedures and formalities relating to your stay in Germany.
- Dates and venues: For any further information, please contact our Cooperation Manager Ulrike Steinecke or use our contact form.